1. They grow. (Audrey)
2. Birds build their nests in them. (Audrey)
3. They change in different seasons. (Audrey)
4. Mommy Robins like trees. (Ethan)
5. They bend. (Ethan)
6. Their leaves can fall off. (Audrey)
7. We can climb them. (Audrey)
8. An egg can fall out of trees. (Ethan)
9. You can build a treehouse on them. (Audrey)
Next, we started wondering about trees. As Audrey and Ethan shared a "wonder", I recorded it on a sticky note, and they placed it on our "I Wonder..." board.
Audrey wondered, "How big do trees get?" "Why leaves have to change color and blow away in the winter?" Why do trees need sun and rain to grow?" and "Why do trees grow so slowly?"
Ethan wondered, "How do the trees grow orange?" How do the trees grow so big?" and "Why do stars only come at night time?" (Well, that one wasn't about trees, but it was a good "wonder"!)